Summer is heating up, and while everyone is planning their closer-to-home-than-usual vacations, we’re keeping busy at Thoughtexchange HQ by giving you more control over your exchanges and reporting options.
New in this release:
- Moderation Settings
- Customize Your Introduction Layout
- Improvements to Slides
- Expanded Exchange Gallery
Release Date: Wednesday, August 26 @ 9pm PT
First, we’ve changed the default moderation settings for new exchanges. Any new exchange you create will now have all moderation settings turned off until you choose to turn them on. This change encourages open and transparent exchanges. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy on moderating exchanges, check out our help article on Moderation: Philosophy and Best Practices.
Custom Introduction Layout
You asked and we listened! You can now choose whether your video or text should appear first in your introduction.
Improvements to Slides
Slides, one of our newest features, can now be found in the TeLabs workspace alongside our other experimental gadgets. We’ve added some exciting new features to Slides in this release:
- Slides now includes a summary of the Differences analysis for an exchange, including the top thoughts that groups had differing opinions on and the top thoughts where they agreed.
- Leaders can customize their slideshow by selecting which slides to include and which to hide.
- Leaders will now be able to export their slideshow as a PowerPoint file for offline viewing.
We have big improvements planned for our next round of product updates, including additional customization features and moving Slides into the Discover Dashboard. Slides is a feature to keep an eye on.
Expanded Exchange Gallery
Exchange Gallery is a fantastic new feature that gives leaders the ability to quickly build exchanges based on popular topics. Access to relevant support resources is also available for each topic right in the app. We’ve recently expanded the content available in the Gallery to include:
- A new module on Gaining Efficiencies for organizations in the context of COVID-19.
- A new Return to School Planning category with six new modules to assist our leaders in education.
- A Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan module to support leaders working in education in California.
As always, if you have any questions about any of these features, please feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.