Reports is your control centre for sharing the results.
The Reports tab in the Discover Dashboard is where you generate summary reports to share a big picture view of your results or download your data.
This article describes how leaders can:
Generate a summary report
Summary reports are great to create when you need to share the results of your exchanges back with participants. The visualizations will help participants understand the results. To generate your report:
- Click ‘New’ in the Reports section and give your report a title,
- Select ‘Create’ and your new report will pop up.
Create a compelling results narrative
- Use the Overview section to describe actions coming out of the exchange and how the themed results integrate with these actions and next steps.
- Describe the way the results impacted leadership’s thinking and next steps so participants understand how their perspectives are connected to the actions taken from the exchange.
- Customize each visualization to feature specific themes using the settings dial next to each section.
- End your report with a heartfelt “thank you” and let participants know when they can expect to see the next steps.
Use the download data function
There are a few reasons you might need to pull your data from the Discover Dashboard:
- Your organization likes to keep a “hard” copy on internal servers.
- You’re a data nerd who loves a good spreadsheet.
- You want to add the data to your own report.
Whatever the reason, leaders can easily download a full report of all of their exchange data by selecting ‘Generate’ in the data download section. The download includes:
- Participation data,
- Demographic data, and,
- Thought detail data, including all theming data.
We will continue to build out the Reports tab with new reporting options. So make sure to check it out whenever you launch a new exchange. If there are reporting options you’d like to see, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recommendations.