This article is your guide to building your best Exchanges ever.
Navigating Your Room
At the top of your screen, you will see headings for your three main tabs: Dashboard, Exchanges, and Studio.
The first thing you will see when you login to your Room is our new Dashboard. The Dashboard is a fantastic tool for letting you see the activity taking place in your Room including:
- Current Launched and Planned Exchanges.
- Changes in activity over the past month or quarter.
- A list of recent Exchanges run by all leaders.
- A list of your upcoming planned Exchanges and quick links to the Exchange Studio.
When you click the Exchanges tab you will see many of the things you’re used to. The Draft, Active, and Complete buttons allow you to quickly see the status of Exchanges being run by you and other leaders, but we’ve also added an All button that lets you see everything at once, if you prefer. The ‘All leaders’ dropdown menu lets you view only the Exchanges being run by a particular person (including yourself) and the new “Sort by” filter lets you organize your view based on the date that Exchanges were created, launched, or completed. The search bar at the top of the page offers a quick view of all the Exchanges containing whatever keyword you type in.
The “Room Options” button will give you access to settings (like domain restrictions or required login for all Exchanges), your list of users including leaders and administrators, and your Archived Exchanges folder.
The big purple “Create new Exchange” button at the top of the screen (it’s hard to miss) will take you to our new Exchange creation menu.
The Studio tab allows you to explore our library of resources from countless successful Exchanges including recommended questions, templates, links to virtual events with other leaders and much more. Within the Studio, you can use the new Exchange Planner to schedule future Exchanges well in advance, assign leaders, and more.
Last but certainly not least, don’t forget that you can always click the ? in the bottom right corner of the page to instantly pull up articles and videos from our Help Site directly in the app.
Creating an Exchange
Now, when you’re creating an Exchange, everything you need is always at your fingertips. The main Exchange creation page allows you to:
- Create a title for your Exchange for easy searching and organization (this is a brand new feature based on feedback from leaders and is totally separate from the Exchange question).
- Write your Exchange question (click into the Studio if you need some inspiration).
- Enable and set a Deadline for the Exchange.
- Write your introduction and add attachments (like a video to grab participants’ attention).
- Create Survey Questions to help sort your data later on.
- Create Participant Groups to segment your participants based on similar characteristics (if this feature is enabled for your account).
You can use the buttons at the bottom of the page to Save, Launch, or Cancel the Exchange at any time. When you launch the Exchange you will see a pop-up providing you with the link or code participants can use to access the Exchange as well as templated text for different methods you might use to invite participation.
All of the advanced settings for the Exchange are found in the Settings menu under the “Exchange Options” button in the top right corner of the page, including:
- Language settings
- Moderation preferences
- The option to require participants to login to participate.
As always, you can click the ? icon in the banner at the top of the page to pull up articles and videos from our Help Site directly in the app.
Back in your main Room view you can flip the “My Exchanges only” toggle to see all the Exchanges you are leading. At a glance, you can see the Exchange title, question, and the date it was launched (if you’ve launched it). You can also quickly take in basic statistics for the Exchange including the number of participants, number of thoughts, and number of ratings.
In the upper right-hand corner of the Exchange tile you can see the Exchange’s status (Draft, Active, or Complete). You will also find the button to access the management tools for the Exchange including:
- Edit - if you need to make changes to your Exchange.
- Present - to launch Presenter Mode and guide participants through a live Exchange.
- Invite - to grab the link or code participants can use to access the Exchange or to pull up templated text for different methods you might use to invite participation.
- Close - to manually close the Exchange if you haven’t set an automatic deadline.
- Participate - to participate in the Exchange yourself!
In the bottom right-hand corner of the Exchange tile you can click the quick-launch button for the Discover Dashboard to view Exchange results, theme your thoughts, review reported thoughts and so much more.
We hope you like the new Leader App! If you have any questions or would like to learn more, feel free to reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.