This article is your guide to building your best Exchanges ever.
Navigating Your Room
The first thing you will see when you login to your Room is the landing page. The landing page is a fantastic tool for letting you see the activity taking place in your Room and a number of useful statistics including:
- The total number of engagements.
- The number of participants, thoughts, and ratings across all the engagements you are currently viewing (which you can modify using the Filters button described below).
- The degree of alignment among the participants in your engagements.
- The average amount of time a participant spends participating in these engagements
The big blue “Create” button at the top of the screen (it’s hard to miss) will take you to the engagement creation menu.
The engagement list shows all the engagements in your room by default, but you can change what is shown using the Filters button in the top left corner of the page. The Filters button lets you filter engagements by Objective, Status (draft, active, or complete), or by Leader. Click Apply Filters to move back to the landing page or use the X in the top right corner.
Additionally, you can filter engagements based on keywords appearing in the title or question using the search bar.
Click "View archived Exchanges" to see engagements you've moved out of the main view.
You can also sort the list of engagements by a number of handy attributes using the button above the list on the right side of the page
Click the Results button on any engagement in the list to launch the Results Dashboard or click the "grapes icon" (it looks like three vertical dots) at the righthand end of any engagement card to pull up a list of management options for that engagement.
You can also click on any engagement card to open a side panel that provides buttons for the invite link (the link you send to participants), the Results Dashboard, or Presenter Mode
Last but certainly not least, don’t forget that you can always click the ? in the bottom right corner of the page to instantly pull up articles and videos from our Help Site directly in the app.
The Profile Icon (it looks like a person in a circle) in the top right corner of the page inside the blue banner provides access to several settings menus.
Profile Settings allows you to change the contact info, notification settings, and integrations set up on your profile.
Room Settings will give you access to the templates available for the room you are working in and the General settings (like domain restrictions or required login for all Exchanges),
This menu is also where you can launch the participant app. access privacy information or log out of your profile.
Creating an Exchange
When you’re creating an Exchange, the step-by-step process will guide you through everything you need. The main Exchange creation stepper allows you to:
- Create a title for your Exchange for easy searching and organization (this is a brand new feature based on feedback from leaders and is totally separate from the Exchange question).
- Write your Exchange question (or use a template if you need some inspiration).
- Schedule a launch date and enable and set a Deadline for the Exchange.
- Write your introduction and add attachments (like a video to grab participants’ attention).
- Create Survey Questions to help sort your data later on.
- Preview your Exchange at any time.
- Review all the details before you launch.
You can use the buttons at the bottom of the page to Save, Launch, or Cancel the Exchange at any time. When you launch the Exchange you will see a pop-up providing you with the link or code participants can use to access the Exchange, a QR code and templated text for different methods you might use to invite participation.
All of the advanced settings for the Exchange are found in the Settings menu in the top right corner of the page, including:
- Moderation preferences=
- Language settings
- The option to require participants to login to participate.
- The option to turn off participant notifications.
- Create Participant Groups to segment your participants based on similar characteristics (if this feature is enabled for your account).
As always, you can click the ? icon in the banner at the top of the page to access articles and videos from our Help Site.
Back in your main Room view you can flip the “My Exchanges only” toggle to see all the Exchanges you are leading. At a glance, you can see the Exchange title, question, and the date it was launched (if you’ve launched it). You can also quickly take in basic statistics for the Exchange including the number of participants, number of thoughts, and number of ratings.
In the upper right-hand corner of the Exchange tile you can see the Exchange’s status (Draft, Active, or Complete). You will also find the button to access the management tools for the Exchange including:
- Edit - if you need to make changes to your Exchange.
- Present - to launch Presenter Mode and guide participants through a live Exchange.
- Invite - to grab the link or code participants can use to access the Exchange or to pull up templated text for different methods you might use to invite participation.
- Close - to manually close the Exchange if you haven’t set an automatic deadline.
- Participate - to participate in the Exchange yourself!
In the bottom right-hand corner of the Exchange tile you can click the quick-launch button for the Discover Dashboard to view Exchange results, theme your thoughts, review reported thoughts and so much more.
We hope you like the new Leader App! If you have any questions or would like to learn more, feel free to reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.