Thoughtexchange is an incredible and easy-to-use tool for gathering feedback from groups; but sometimes, before sending out out a big, important question, leaders find it helpful to test the waters with a lighter touch exchange.
Running an “Icebreaker Exchange” with a group of trusted colleagues provides two key benefits:
- It gives the leader of the exchange a chance to build their confidence by playing with features like Participant Groups, Survey Questions or Presenter Mode before hosting an exchange with a larger group.
- It gives other people within an organization a chance to familiarize themselves with what an exchange is, how it works, and what it feels like for participants - a very handy set of skills if they plan on running or supporting future exchanges.
As an added bonus, running a fun, light exchange can be a great team-building exercise (especially if your team is working remotely).
Any of the questions listed below can make for a great Icebreaker Exchange and you can create exchanges for most of these in just a couple of clicks using the Exchange Gallery.
- What topics would you most like to discuss during our meeting?
- What are some of the small things in life that bring the greatest joy?
- What are some of the biggest things that motivate you to come to work every day?
- What is your least favourite food and why?
- What are your favourite things to do when you aren’t at work?
- What are some ways you see yourself using Thoughtexchange?
Have questions about this or anything else? Feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.