This Discover Guide will help you analyze the results of yours community-wide engagements. For the exchanges you run at Committee meetings and the public hearing, we recommend using the top thoughts feature in Presenter Mode.
Once you have run your exchange for community-wide feedback, it will be important to do the following:
- Get to know your results
- Theme your thoughts to understand the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan template
- Report back to your community
Get to know your results
Here are some reflective questions that might help as you look through the thoughts:
- What do you see?
- Where is there agreement?
- Where are there differences?
- Where might you need to dig in deeper?
Theme your thoughts
To help inform your plan, theme your top thoughts according to the topics you are required to include in your plan.
To keep your theming informative and streamlined, we recommend you focus on theming the top-rated thoughts to ensure you get an overview of the high agreement areas of your exchange.
Create a theme set and input the following themes to help you get started:
- Instructional offerings
- Mental health and social and emotional well-being
- School nutrition
- Staff roles and responsibilities
- Continuity of instruction
- Pupil participation and progress
- Pupil engagement and outreach
- Supports for pupils with unique needs
- Pupil learning loss
- Other considerations
To make sure you haven’t missed any key low-rated conversations, check through Differences to see if other topics emerge.
Report back to your community
Creating a summary report in the Discover Dashboard is an easy way to share the results with your community to help them feel heard and included in the planning process. You can use the editable sections to give context about what you learned and link to further resources about the learning plan.
This is a high-level guide to working with your results to complete the requirements of the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. Explore the articles on our help site for more guides, tips and tricks to working with your results.