Sharing how participant thoughts connect to leadership actions lets you demonstrate listening and alignment.
Your exchange got great participation and you need to make sense of the results so you can take action. This Quick-start Guide to Discover includes three tools we recommend to help you easily get a big-picture sense of the exchange, and develop your action plan.
- How it works: Thoughts with similar keywords are grouped together and the most frequent keywords become the theme titles.
- Where to find it: These groups are automatically generated and dynamically updated as soon as the first six thoughts enter your exchange.
- How to use it: Exploring the thoughts within each theme helps you understand the bigger topics in the exchange, and often, participant sentiment.
- Advanced tip! You can duplicate the AI theme set in the Theme tab by clicking the auto theme button and publish it as is or edit it to suit your needs.
- What it is: Differences highlights areas of tension or division in your exchange and often mirrors dynamics in your organization or community.
- Why it’s awesome: This tool helps leaders understand the size of the division and how demographic answers relate to each group. The common interest thoughts showcase topics or values that can help bring your organization together.
- Advanced tip! Using common interest thoughts in your action plan increases the likelihood that your plan will have broad support and simplifies the implementation process.
- What it is: Theme enough thoughts to understand the exchange and highlight representative thoughts to embed in your communication or action plan.
- Why it works: Theming only as many thoughts as you need helps you move quickly to understand the results and take informed action.
- Advanced tip! Action-oriented themes are useful when taking this approach, for example, assigning thoughts to a role or by strategic importance.
Use the AI-generated themes to get a sense of the big picture and Differences to layer on group dynamics. Once you understand the gist of the exchange, use the theme tool to move specific thoughts forward into your action plan.
Sharing how participant thoughts connect to leadership actions lets you demonstrate listening and alignment as well as how you course-corrected as a result of what you have learned from them.
If you need support with any of our features, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or reach out to your Client Success Manager.