The best way to develop engagement and trust? Show all levels of your organization and community how their voice...will continue to have an impact.
Your exchange is closing soon and you need to start working with and sharing the results. Take five minutes to develop a communication strategy that will help you build engagement and trust.
Who to consider in your plan? Jot down key people who need to:
- Understand the results by digging in and taking action following the exchange. This is your working group. (It could also just be you.)
- Preview the results before participants see them and approve action steps. These are your executive leaders or key stakeholders.
- Review the results once they are published. These are participants and other people impacted by the actions coming out of the exchange.
Build Your Plan
With these groups in mind, think through the following to develop your strategy:
Answer these questions when planning your leadership working sessions:
- What progress are you are trying to make? This will focus your search for information in the Discover Dashboard and help you pull out clear action steps to share with participants.
- When do you want to be finished working with your results? Sooner is better when sharing back results as you are trying to build trust with participants.
After your working sessions, keep things moving forward with executive leaders:
- What’s an effective way to share the results with this group? You could create a custom summary report explaining your takeaways.
- Do you need explicit approval from executive leaders or key stakeholders to take action?
When sharing out results with participants and other people impacted, think about:
- How did the exchange or results impact the working group? How did it inform their thinking?
- What changes, actions, or solutions came from the exchange? How will your team take action?
- What are the next steps that participants can expect? (This is a great place to tell people about the next exchange.)
Launch a New Exchange
Once you develop your initial communication plan, consider new ways to integrate Thoughtexchange into sharing out the results. You can:
- Plan your working session by clarifying the progress your team wants to make.
- Gather thoughts and questions from your executive leadership once you share the initial results.
- Host a follow-up conversation with participants to support implementation.
And that’s the secret to developing engagement and trust – show all levels of your organization and community how their voice had an impact and how it will continue to have an impact.
If you need immediate support, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Client Success Manager.