You led an exchange and want to understand what your participants as a group are thinking. Get the big picture in an instant using the auto-theme tools in the Discover Dashboard and TeLabs. Leaders can,
Our auto-theme tool looks for keywords and then sorts thoughts based on keyword frequency. View these initial thought groups in any of our visualization tools. Then, using your local context, consider,
- Could you use these results to share out the big topics with your participants? Or to give them one way to think about the results?
- Do the auto-themes offer a starting point for your own targeted theming? What was captured and what needs to be captured still?
Gather Insight in TeLabs
If you are looking for other ways to automatically slice and dice the data, check out the auto-themer tool in TeLabs. Once you navigate to TeLabs and select Auto-Themer, click the dial in the upper left corner, select ‘Detect-Popular-Topics’ as your model and use the 'filter by' drop down menu to understand the impact of:
- Ratings - how do highly rated thoughts differ from those with a low rating?
- Sentiment - how do thoughts with a positive sentiment differ from those with a negative or neutral sentiment?
- Toxicity - are participants using potentially toxic language and what are they discussing in those thoughts?
Export any of these theme sets to the Discover Dashboard to explore them further.
Compare Results Using Theme Flow
Once you create and export several theme sets you can use the Theme Flow tool in Telabs to compare them. How are the key words in highly rated thoughts similar or different to the auto theme set, which looks at frequency? What about thoughts with a positive sentiment? How can looking at thoughts from these different perspectives help you plan next steps?
If you need support with this tool, please reach out to anyone on the Discover Team at email@example.com and they will respond within 24 hours. If you need immediate support, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager.