Tiles lets all topics rise in influence by de-emphasizing the size of themes.
Tiles is a unique visualization in the Discover Dashboard that helps de-emphasize the difference between themes. This broadens the results conversation and any actions coming out of the exchange.
This article describes how leaders can:
Populating the Tiles visualization
Tiles will automatically populate with either the AI-generated themes or any custom theme sets that you create in the Theme tab.
- AI-generated themes: If you launched an exchange and received six participant thoughts, your Tiles visualization will instantly populate with our AI-generated theme set. This theme set uses machine learning to find and group thoughts using common keywords.
- Custom themes: Create your own custom theme set to deeply understand the contents of the thoughts as well as participant sentiment. There are several approaches to this and they should all be guided by the progress you’d like to make in the exchange. Again, these will be instantly available in the Tiles tab as soon as you create them.
Creating multiple theme sets lets you use a different framework for each set (sentiment versus strategic importance, for example). You can then head into Telabs and use the ThemeFlow tool to compare the theme sets side by side.
The default view for Tiles shows the AI-generated themes by star score, which compares how high or low participants rated each theme. You can also view themes by total thoughts, which lets you see the size of each topic in the exchange.
- The toggle in the upper right-hand corner switches between star score and total thoughts.
Any of the tiles can be selected to bring up the complete list of thoughts in that theme. This is also one of the places where you can comment on thoughts as a leader. Remember, comments are instantly public, and will show up for participants in the exchange as soon as they’re entered.
Publishing a tiles theme set
Use the print feature embedded in each theme or create a summary report in the Report tab to publish the entire visualization.
- Print feature: Use this to share thoughts within a single theme. Click on any tile to open up the list of thoughts and then use the Print icon in the upper-right corner to create a pdf.
- If you grouped thoughts by department, then this is a great way to share the thoughts with individual teams in your organization.
- Summary report: Use this to share the entire visualization with participants so they can get a sense of big picture topics coming out of the exchange. As you’re customizing your summary report, select the Tiles section and it will show up in your final report.
- Make sure to click on the settings dial and pick a theme set to share and enable or disable thought and theme level comments.
Sharing results with teams who need to take action, and the organization or community who contributed to and will be affected by the results is key to building engagement and trust. Tiles, as mentioned above, is a unique visualization that de-emphasizes the size of the themes. If your exchange was contentious with one theme dominating, tiles will let the other topics rise in influence, broadening the conversation.
If you need general support with the Dashboard, don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like a more in-depth tour, send an email to email@example.com and someone on our team will reach out to set up an appointment.