For many of us, it’s hard enough getting a selfie we like, let alone recording a video we're happy with. If you need to convert or shrink your video into a supported format, take a look below!
- Steps for Mac
- Launch Quicktime Player.
- Browse to the location of your video.
- Click File, and then highlight Export with your mouse.
- Select a lower resolution for the video, such as 720p or 480p.
- Pick an easy-to-find location, and save the video.
- Download Handbrake (free)
- Handbrake can be found at https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Note: This is a free download. You should not have to pay for it under any circumstances.
- Once you open Handbrake, you will see a few preset options along the right-hand sidebar. These presets will make things much easier, we promise!
- Open your video file by clicking Open Source and browsing to where it is saved on your computer.
- The default preset (in this case, Fast 1080p30) should do a nice job of compressing most video files down to a size which can then be uploaded without error.
- If you still get an error, you may need to select another option, such as 720p30.
- Under Destination, click Browse… and select a location to save the finished file.
- Give the green Start button (up near the top) a click. This should only take a minute or two. Now’s a good time (and excuse) to grab a coffee.
- Once it’s done, you can then upload and attach this new video file to your background.
Your video is now ready for prime time.