Let's discuss growth - namely that of your team!
Professional Development is not only important for cultivating top talent, but a primary contributor to an overall feeling of career fulfillment. In a recent exchange held during the DisruptHR conference in Vancouver, millennials rated Pro-D as one of the top factors in happiness and job satisfaction.
Supporting Employee Pro-D
Facilitating professional development can be a tricky and time consuming endeavor and yet can be costly if the opportunities that end up being offered aren’t of use or the ‘right’ topic for staff. What are the key topics they need? How can you help your people truly be their very best? Getting direct input from staff on what they want to see and do will help make sure the time is valuable and useful. As the old saying goes, “Help me help you.” Here are some great conversation kickstarters.
- What are some main challenges that are getting in the way of providing professional development opportunities to your team?
- What are some important skills or topics you’d like to see provided to your team at upcoming professional development sessions?
Planning Employee Pro-D
People are often very aware of their own knowledge gaps and areas of opportunity - so give them the opportunity to share their insights and ensure that both time and money are being invested into opportunities that will benefit them (and the organization!) most.
(More) Great Questions
- What key topics would you find most valuable to discuss during the upcoming Pro-D event?
- What are some topics for workshops/seminars that would help you be successful in your job?
Organizational Pro-D and Growth
Ah, the times they are a-changin’! Marketable skills and key areas of focus are always shifting and organizations need to be agile, ever-evolving, and adaptable to new trends as they come up. So go straight to those who have their finger on the pulse to learn what skills, workshops, and development opportunities are trending in your industry and what will be most beneficial to take advantage of.
(Even More) Great Questions
- What do we need to be focusing on to help us be successful as an organization?
- What would be beneficial for us to stop, start, or continue doing as part of our professional development days this year?
Please sign in to leave a comment.