Note: This article pertains to a feature being released in ThoughtExchange version 5.1 on June 23, 2021
The Exchange Planner is a great tool for mapping out when you need to gather feedback and the topics you need to cover. It keeps teams aligned and on track… Unless, of course, you plan something and totally forget about it. Luckily, we’ve got you covered by allowing Room Admins to sync planned Exchanges with theirs and their leaders’ Outlook or Google calendars.
This article will cover everything you need to know to get your planned Exchanges rolling like a well oiled machine.
Note: Only Room Administrators can sync their calendars to the Planner. The leaders assigned to run Exchanges will receive calendar invites from their Room Admins.
Setting Up the Integration
Setting up as a Room Administrator:
- Go to the Exchange Planner
- Click on the “Sync to Calendar” button (located above planned exchanges)
- Alternatively, you can go to Room settings > Integrations
- Click on your desired calendar integration option (Google or Outlook)
- Authenticate your credentials with your personal calendar application
What you will see in your calendar
- Will see a new ‘ThoughtExchange’ calendar in the personal calendar (Google/Outlook)
- This calendar will be unique to the room that the integration was enabled under
- e.g. room name = General, “ThoughtExchange - General”
- All planned exchanges will be visible as ‘all-day' events in this calendar
- Will see any planned exchanged that they’ve been assigned in their personal calendar (Google/Outlook)
- Leaders will be included as a ‘guest or attendee’ under the event that’s created
Note: the assigner of a planned exchange will also be included as a ‘guest or attendee’
- Objective: included under the event ‘title’
- Exchange question: included in the event ‘details’
- Launch date: event ‘date’; all-day event
- Leader assigned: included as a ‘guest or attendee’
- Link to the planner: included in the event ‘details’
Note: modifications made in the Planner to launch date, leader assigned, objective, and exchange question will be automatically updated in the connected calendar.
What appears in the Planner:
What you will see in Google Calendar
What you will see in Microsoft Outlook
Subscribe to a Calendar
If another room administrator has already established a connection with their personal calendar, as a room administrator you have the ability to subscribe to that calendar as well. To do this click on the subscribe button below the connected integration card.
Note: this feature is available for Google Calendar only.